As of April 2, 2012, this blog became the place for documenting our New Adventure called Breast Cancer. Basically it's all about our Cancer ParTay.
As of Oct 2013- our 18 month Survivor mark- the ParTay's pretty much over. Treatments are done, my hair is back and I am healthy & cancer-free!
As of today- I want you to know that the trick to living a happy, healthy and wonderful life in the future is to remember where we've been, what we've learned and how much we've been blessed! That's exactly what I hope you find here.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

LiveStrong Brochure

I have been really enjoying the LiveSTRONG Program at the YMCA. It has been fun to be brave enough to  go to the gym and get this--- actually workout! Wow! Are you surprised???? Can you believe that I just said it has been fun to work out! There must be something seriously wrong with me. OR maybe there's finally something seriously right with me. LOL
I have made some amazing friends in the Program. It's been a lot of fun to have October be Breast Cancer Awareness Month because it has given us many excuses to get together at the events. [And yes- I know it's only the beginning of the month] It feels like I am going to them with a big group of friends. I love it!
Also, our little group had the opportunity to help update the Fargo YMCA LiveSTRONG brochure. At one of our sessions, we took a little time to have the marketing director take pictures of us. We had a blast! We smiled, hugged, threw leaves at each other, hiked to the river in the freakin' cold, and even took some in the weight room. So much fun! But then again- I'm always up for having a camera around. It made my day!
Here's what the new brochure looks like. Isn't it so beautimus? Our whole group is on the back in the leaves including our amazing Trainer, Katelyn and our fun intern, Nicole. On the front, Katelyn's encouraging Denise and Jennifer to step it up and go faster on the bikes. (She's so mean! LOL) Then in the inside, there I am working out! See- there's even proof! Go me!
I'm so glad Robbie talked me into signing up and being brave enough herself to go with me. You are awesome! Wouldn't want to "GLOW" with anyone else. Luv ya, lady!
Here's some of the other fun shots we got during our photo shoot. Aren't we so cute?
 We went out to Island Park where we threw leaves in the air.
And then threw leaves at each other!
Then we walked over to the Red River. Nicole stuck her foot in the water. Silly girl!
Back in the weight room, Katelyn was such a hoot. She's such a great motivator and a ham for the camera. She should be a model. LOL We love her!
What a fun experience! Thanks Katelyn for letting us be a part of it!

No comments: